Once you’ve completed the 1st major step in setting up your cryptio account, importing your data, it’s time to tidy up your contacts.
By doing so, you can start piecing together which parties were involved in each transaction. Providing long and confusing addresses with more recognisable names not only improves your general experience when browsing your transactions page and any reports you’ve generated but also helps a great deal in making the next step, labelling transactions, more efficient.
The Contacts page is a contact management tool that gives you a vision of all your connections and all the information about incoming and outgoing flows you have with these connections.
To see all the transactions that are linked to a specific contact; click on the number of transactions in the 'Transactions Column' that is in line with the contact name.
There are 3 ways you can identify contacts:
1) Importing your Contact List in batches
- Navigate to the Contacts Page
- Import a contact list of all the parties that you're transacting with
- Here's our template
2) Identify contacts via the ‘Business’ tab
- Navigate to the ‘Business’ tab and hit 'Unidentified Addresses'
- Type in the name you’d like to give to the corresponding address and hit ‘ok’ or enter
- If you’d prefer to import in bulk, then select ‘Generate report’ in the top right - you’ll then be able to download a CSV in the correct format which you can populate and upload via method 1 above
3) Identifying contacts on the ‘Transactions’ page directly
By clicking on the number within the ‘movements’ column on the Unidentified Address page (above), you will be transferred to the transactions page where you'll see all the transactions related to that particular address.
- Click on the unidentified public address
- Give the address a name
- Click create contact
Encapsulating multiple addresses within 1 contact name
As you can see below, the Contact 'Employees' has 2 addresses within it. This is a functionality that allows users to batch contacts into one primary contact.
To do this, simply select an unidentified address. Then, rather than creating a new contact, select an already existing contact, such as Employees.