👋 Welcome! Here's a brief guide on how to import all transactions from Poloniex onto your Cryptio workspace using an API Key.
Step 1: Locate Your Poloniex API Key
Start by logging into your Poloniex account.
- Log Into Your Poloniex Account - after logging in, you can hover over the human icon on the top right corner of your trading page, and go to “Security”.
- Navigating to the API Keys Subtab - Go to the API Keys subtab within the profile tab. As you haven't enabled or set up any API keys yet, the API page will display a screen indicating this. For information on how to use your API keys, refer to the API documentation.
- Enabling the API - Click the "Enable API" button and enter your 2FA code to proceed. After entering the code, you'll need to confirm the action via an email sent to the email address associated with your Poloniex account. Check your email for a message from firstname.lastname@example.org to quickly confirm this action. Note that the link will expire in 15 minutes for security reasons. Once confirmed, you'll be redirected to Poloniex with a new notification.
- Creating a New API Key - Now that the API has been enabled, you can create your new API key by clicking the "Create New Key" button. You'll need to enter your 2FA info once again for this step.
- Verifying the Creation of Your API Key - After entering your 2FA information, you'll need to verify the creation of your API key via an email sent to the email associated with your Poloniex account. Like in step 2, check your email for a message from email@example.com to confirm this action. Once you've confirmed the creation of your API key via email, you'll be redirected back to Poloniex where you'll see your API key and your API secret.
- You have successfully created your API key! - Congratulations! You've successfully created your API key. The new API key will be generated and displayed. Remember, your Secret Key will not be shown again, so store these keys securely.
🚨This concludes the setup and creation of your API keys. Here are a few important points to remember:
- Withdrawals are disabled by default for security purposes as API withdrawals bypass all withdrawal verifications such as 2FA and email confirmation.
- IP access restriction is disabled by default.
- You can enable IP access restriction so that your API key set can only be accessed by a particular API. However, this feature should only be enabled on a static IP address, as a dynamic IP address will change over time and you will not be able to interact with the API from the new IP address.
Step 2: Import Your Poloniex Transactions to Cryptio
Start by logging into your Cryptio workspace.
- Log into your Cryptio workspace
- Go to the Imports tab
- Select Exchanges
- Click on the 'Poloniex' block (You'll see various exchange blocks. Find and click on the 'Poloniex' block.)
- Enter Your Import Details
- Choose Import Date Range ( you can fetch the complete history)
- Begin the Import Process (After entering all the required information, click 'Create'. Your transactions will start importing directly.)
Step 3: Verify Your Transactions
Ensure that your transactions from Poloniex have been successfully imported. If you find any discrepancies, recheck your API settings in Poloniex and repeat the import process.
Step 4: View Your Poloniex Transactions in Cryptio
- On the Imports page, locate the Poloniex line
- Click on the transaction number on the Poloniex line. This will transfer you to the 'Transactions' tab.
- You will now be able to see all of your Poloniex transactions on your Cryptio workspace.
👉 Have a question? Click the
? at the bottom right for more guides, or to send us a message.