👋 Welcome! Here's a brief guide on importing all transactions from Coinbase onto your Cryptio workspace using an API Key.
Step 1: Locate Your Coinbase API Key
To generate an API key that's exclusive to your Coinbase Exchange account, follow these steps:
Start by logging into your Coinbase account.
- Click on the Profile Menu located at the top-right corner. (then click on “Settings”)
- 1.2 Within Settings, find and select the ‘API’ tab. (go to the right and you’ll find the API Tab page)
- Then select + ‘New API Key’ (located at the right corner, which will prompt you to input your 2-step verification code.)
- Once you input your 2-step verification code, Select the appropriate permissions. (IMPORTANT: once you're on the API page on Coinbase, select 'all' for the first section and select all permissions ending by ": read" (see below). This allows us to have read-only access to your Coinbase account.)
- Lastly, click on "Create API Key" at the bottom to generate a unique key. (The new API key and secret will be visible on the API Settings page.)
- You have successfully created your API key! (By following these steps, you should be able to successfully import all of your transactions from your Coinbase Exchange account onto your Cryptio workspace using the API Key. If you encounter any issues, please reach out to Coinbase or Cryptio support.)
Note: Please be aware that the API secret will only be displayed once, so make sure to store your Secret in a safe place. If you misplace your API Secret, we won't be able to recover it for you.
Step 2: Import Your Coinbase Transactions to Cryptio
Now that you have your API key and secret, you can import your transactions into your Cryptio workspace.
- Log into Your Cryptio Workspace
- Go to the 'Imports' Tab
- Select 'Exchanges' and search for Coinbase.
- Click on the 'Coinbase' Block. ( Once you click, it will prompt you to Connect your Coinbase Account by entering your API Key and API secret )
- Enter Your Import Details
- Choose Import Date Range (you can fetch the complete history)
- Begin the Import Process (After entering all the required information, click 'Create'. Your transactions will start importing directly.)
Step 3: Verify Your Transactions
Ensure that your transactions from Coinbase have been successfully imported. If you find any discrepancies, recheck your API settings in Coinbase and repeat the import process.
Step 4: View Your Coinbase Transactions in Cryptio
- On the Imports page, locate the Coinbase line
- Click on the transaction number on the Coinbase line. This will transfer you to the 'Transactions' tab.
- You will now be able to see all of your Coinbase transactions on your Cryptio workspace.
👉 Have a question? Click the
? at the bottom right for more guides, or to send us a message.