You can now manually mark transactions as synchronized in the Cryptio platform to ensure that your workspace is tidy.
Why use this feature?
For clients who do not use one of our integrations with ERP accounting systems (Xero, NetSuite, QuickBooks Online) and are using a custom Chart of Account on the platform are able to mark transactions as synchronized in a click and tidy your workspace.
Some customers using an accounting integration might also want to manually mark some transactions as synchronized. For example, minimal fees might amount to only $0.01.
General workflow for custom CoA users:
- Generate ledger entries report
- Upload your ledger entries into your own ERP
- Make sure your data is reconciled - the data exported from Cryptio and then imported into your ERP is marked as synchronized in Cryptio
💡Now you can automatically mark transactions in bulk. Scroll to the How to mark transactions as synchronized - Step A.
Which transactions can be synchronized?
You can see which transactions have already been synchronized on the Transactions page. Under the Sync column, transactions that have been synchronized are represented by a green tick.
In this screenshot, you can see the first two transactions have already been synchronized.
If you have an integration with an ERP accounting system like Xero, NetSuite or QuickBooks Online, you can sync your transactions directly to your system.
In the above image, you can see that the user has the option to sync the selected transactions directly with NetSuite.
How to mark transactions as synchronized
There are three different ways to mark transactions as synchronized.
A. Reconcile with ledger entries in one-click - Marking transactions as synchronized in the Needs Review module
- On the Transactions page, click on the Needs Review button.
- Clicking on the Needs Review button generates more buttons underneath. Select the Ready to be synced tab.
- Select the dropdown arrow next to the 'Update cost basis' button
- Click Reconcile with ledger entries
Now you can automatically reconcile the generated ledger entries and mark transactions as synchronized with minimal manual actions.
💡 Note that:
- Every time you generate a new ledger entry Cryptio recognises that and the latest reconciliation is triggered with this button. E.g. monthly basis we will reconcile it accordingly.
- You can easily unmark a transaction as synchronized if you realize an error has happened.
B. Marking individual transactions as synchronized
If you only have one transaction you would like to mark as synchronized, follow these steps:
- Head to the Transactions page.
- Click on the white space of the row of the transaction you want to mark as synchronized.
- A menu will appear at the right edge of the screen. Scroll down to the bottom of the menu.
- Click on the button Mark transactions as synchronized.
C. Marking a batch of transactions as synchronized
If you have several transactions you would like to mark as synchronized in one go, follow these steps:
- Head to the Transactions page.
- Click in the checkbox of each transaction you want to mark as synchronized.
- A tab at the bottom of the screen will appear as you select transactions. Press Edit in this tab when you have finished selecting transactions.
- Check the box Mark transactions as synchronized.
- Press Save.