The month-end close process is the most common and frequent accounting process our clients will undergo. It allows accountants to verify that all financial activity is; complete and accurately recorded (a theme you will see repeated many times throughout this document), correctly categorized, reconciled and any discrepancies identified are resolved. It is a crucial step in the accounting process to ensure the reliability and integrity of the financial data is maintained. Cryptio has created the End-of-month reconciliation reporting pack to help finance teams reduce time and simplify their process by combining the most important reports into one pack.
💡Check out our Cryptio ecosystem exclusive webinar on end-of-month reconciliation in February 2023 for further tips and tricks.
What is the End-of-month reconciliation reporting pack?
- Moreover, new value-add data points are included in new and existing reports. For example, impairment information to Asset roll forward and Trial balance reports and book value impact to new transaction history report.
💡 Monthly reconciliation tips and tricks:
- Understand the correlating data points between each report.
- Have good documentation policies for each reporting process.
- Our new "Book Value Impact" column in the transaction history report is the glue to your reconciliation process.
- Start from high-level reporting (Balance Sheet) and end at the detailed reporting level (Transactions).
Generate the End-of-month reconciliation report in a few simple steps:
❗Note: Generate this report as the last step of your month-end process, i.e. completing all reviews and verifications of data, mapping, and resolving discrepancies.
- Go to the Reports page
- Click on the + Report button, and a drawer will emerge
- Find module Audit trail & reconciliation reports
- Select End of Month Reconciliation report
- Identify the Asset and Wallets you want to include. The default selection includes all.
- Go with the default selection and include all columns (Note: We don’t currently support customized columns for multiple sheets reports.)
- Choose the period (Month and Year) you want to review the month-end for.
- Click Create
- Once ready, download the report in Excel format
How to read the report
Report tab definition
- Prior month balance - This report is based on the Asset roll forward report for the month. Please refer to the Asset roll forward report article for more information.
- Current month balance - This report is based on the Asset roll forward report for the month. Please refer to the Asset roll forward report article for more information.
Transactions history (of current month)
- This report is based on the Transaction history report which provides a view into each transaction with additional data on ‘Book value impact’.
- The book value impact takes the overall cost inventory impact that every transaction has on your workspace by asset by source.
- Net inventory report (of current month) - The net sum of each tab for a quick snapshot of discrepancies.
- Ledger Entries report (of current month) - Please refer to the Ledger Entries report article for more information.
- Trial balance (of current month) - Please refer to the Trial balance report article for more information.