What is a favorite filter and how it interacts with labels?
- You can create your own labels on the Labels page or you can set up a Favorite filter on the Transactions page and use this filter as a label.
- This is a great way to expand your own label capabilities. From the simple From/To labels, now you can add unlimited properties and specify transaction labels as much as you want.
- Using a Favorite filter as a label saves you from duplicating your work in the Filters and Labels pages and saves you time.
- To set up this interaction between filters and labels, you must first create the Favorite filter.
‼️ Important: If you use this label, you can't create a favorite filter that includes labels, because this would be a circular task and the system won't accept it.
Creating a favorite filter
To create a Favorite filter, follow these steps:
- Head to the Transactions page.
- Click on Filter.
- Select Add filter in the new menu that appears.
- Fill in the Filter builder where you can choose from many different transaction characteristics
- ‼️ Note: Don't include any 'Label' selection if you want to use this favorite filter as a label later.
- You can add as many Filters as you like to the creation page.
- When you have added the Filters you need, click ⭐ Favorite.
- Give the filter a Name and click Save.
- In the Favorite Filter tab (under the pop-up drawer), you will see the filter you have just created.
Adding your favorite filter to a label
Now you have created the Favorite filter, you need to add this filter to a new label.
To add a Favorite filter to a Label:
- Head to the Labels page which you can find under the Business tab.
- Click + Label and a new menu will appear.
- Select your Favorite filter.
- Give this new Label a name.
- Pick the Favorite filter you wish to use.
- Press Create.
Once you have created this new label, you can start applying it to unlabeled transactions on the Transactions page.