Cryptio serves as the sub-ledger for Oracle Netsuite. You can generate automates journal entries for your crypto assets in traditional accounting systems.
What is Oracle Netsuite?
NetSuite is an integrated cloud business software suite, including business accounting, ERP, CRM, and e-commerce software.
NetSuite is positioned to facilitate rapid growth and be flexible enough to evolve and support innovative business models for crypto companies. As a cloud-based ERP, NetSuite enables business leaders to concentrate on growing without worrying if the system will scale enough to keep up.
NetSuite enables crypto companies to maintain high levels of operational controls and manage global operations and multi-subsidiary locations with ease and efficiency.
How to connect your Netsuite account:
In the Netsuite platform, you will need to complete 5 key steps.
A. Enable features [NEW Pre-requisite step]
- Go to Enable Features page (Setup > Company): https://xxxxxxx.app.netsuite.com/app/setup/features.nl?whence=
- Select tab "SuiteCloud"
- Make sure "SERVER SUITESCRIPT" under SuiteScript and "REST WEB SERVICES" under SuiteTalk are enabled (Note: You must agree to the TOS).
- Click on Save
B. Create a role:
- Go to the Manage Roles page (Setup > Users/Role): https://xxxxxxx.app.netsuite.com/app/setup/rolelist.nl?whence=
- Click "New role"
- Give it a name (e.g. "Cryptio Integration Role")
- Check the "WEB SERVICES ONLY ROLE" under the Authentication section
- Add permissions:
- Transactions tab
- Find transactions - View level
- Make Journal Entries - Full level
- Reports tab
- SuiteAnalytics Workbook - Edit level
- Lists tab
- Accounts - View level
- Customers - View level
- Access Token Management - Full level
- Company Information - Full level
- Log in using Access Tokens - Full level
- REST Web Services - Full level
- SOAP Web Services - Full level
- SuiteApp Marketplace - Full level
- SuiteScript - View level
- User Access Tokens - Full level
- Transactions tab
- Select Create
C. Link role to a user [Only Administrators can complete this step]
- Go to Manage Users (Setup > Users/Role): https://xxxxxxx.app.netsuite.com/app/setup/listusers.nl?whence=
- Assign the newly created role to your user access (e.g. Cryptio Integration Role)
D. Create an integration
- Go to the Integrations page (Setup > Integration): https://xxxxxxx.app.netsuite.com/app/common/integration/integrapplist.nl?whence=
- Click "New"
- Give it a name (e.g. "Cryptio Integration")
- Under Authentication:
- Check "TOKEN-BASED AUTHENTICATION"
- Check "TBA: ISSUETOKEN ENDPOINT"
- Uncheck "TBA: AUTHORIZATION FLOW"
- Under OAth 2.0, uncheck "AUTHORIZATION CODE GRANT"
- Click Save
- ‼️ Don’t leave the next page. Scroll to the bottom and save the Consumer Key and Secret ( ⚠️ It won't be displayed again so keep it somewhere safe).
- Then leave the page, using the Back button.
E. Create an access token
Go to the Access Tokens page (Setup > Users/Role): https://xxxxxxx.app.netsuite.com/app/setup/accesstokens.nl?whence=
Click "New Access Token"
Choose the newly created integration (APPLICATION NAME*)
Choose yourself (USER*)
Choose the newly created role (*ROLE) [You should be able to find the new role if you have completed step C.]
The token name is auto-generated, you can keep it as is.
‼️ Save the Token ID and Secret ( ⚠️ won't be displayed again so keep it somewhere safe)
- Go to the Accounting tab > Integrations page.
- Click on the Connect button within the Netsuite box.
- Fill out the information from your previous steps
- Account ID is the 7 numbers in the Netsuite URL
- Fill in Consumer Key and Consumer Secret from step D.
- Populate Token ID and Token Secret from step E.
- Click Connect. Now you are ready for generating your automated journal entry to Netsuite.